Friday, November 16, 2012

Happily anxious.

I've developed a pretty amazing, ever-changing perspective as my departure gets closer. I hate to think that I ever took things or people for granted, but I truly appreciate all of the amazing people and things in my life right now.  I'm not sure if I've never been happier, or if the prospect of leaving the country for 2 years has made me realize how truly amazing my life has turned out, and just how happy I am with it. Throughout this whole process I've tried to keep an open mind and not set my heart on any decisions I have to make after the Peace Corps is over.  I know things will change over the next few years, and I don't want to close myself off from opportunities that might come up during that time.  But in thinking about my future I can't imagine ending up anywhere other than Chicago.  I've always wanted to move to New York City, and while I love it, I'm not sure I'd ever be truly happy living there. Chicago has become home to me, and I'm in love with this city.  I've never thought much about settling down, nor have I wanted to or pictured myself doing so...but I think I've started to get to a point where, after this whole Peace Corps experience and after I've (hopefully) been able to travel the world just a little bit, I might be ready to start thinking about it.  Like I've said before...this is a really weird place to be in right now...preparing to leave for 2 years while enjoying friends, family, and all the comforts of living in this country. I think this blog will be an interesting way for me to see how things start and change over the next few years...

No comments:

Post a Comment