Saturday, July 7, 2012

This is the part of the application process I read so much about: waiting.  Waiting for the new medical clearance process to get started, waiting to see if I'm approved, waiting to see where I could be spending 27 months of my life.  I've done so much reading and researching about Peace Corps in general, as well as the countries I could possibly be going to, and it's hard not to look at one or all of them without thinking about living there.  It's hard to keep my mind open to the possibility that my invitation could be to a completely different country than one of the three I was nominated for (which apparently happens quite often in the application process).  I'm anxious to know, to find out what happens next and where I could be going; but at the same time I'm trying to appreciate what could be my last summer in the country for a few years.  I've started to mentally prepare myself as far as everything I'll have to go through in preparation to leave the country...what I'm going to do with all my personal belongings, what will happen with various contracts I have (cell phone, gym membership, lease - all of which can be taken care of, but nonetheless still something I need to think about).  Another month or so and hopefully I'll be on my way to being medically cleared.  I'm very curious about this new medical clearance process they'll be rolling out, and I just hope it's smooth and efficient enough for me to move through rather quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment