Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New medical process

In the past several months I've read countless blogs about Peace Corps experiences and application timelines, most of which have helped ease some of my anxiety and frustrations about this whole process.  However, now the PC is starting a new medical procedure, and since I'm among the first groups of people to try this whole thing out, there's unfortunately no blogs with helpful information about any of this.  I've read so much about the medical packet, what's entailed and how long it takes.  Now I just have to wait. again.  I have to wait until the new system is up and running on August 15th before I can know what's next. I'm doing my best to just enjoy the summer and pay off most of my credit cards in preparation to leave, but it's always on the back of my mind. Where will I go? When will I leave? What if something comes up medically/legally that will prevent me from going? So many unknowns and yet I can't stop myself from thinking about getting rid of most of my personal belongings in exchange for an amazing new life experience. Three weeks. I've been counting down since I got nominated. Three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment