Saturday, January 12, 2013

9 months.

The wait is finally over...5 years of dreaming, 9 months of the application process, 3 months of knowing where I'm going and waiting to leave, and 36 hours of staging. Today I met the 50 other trainees going through this whole crazy experience with me, and it makes me more excited about leaving.  Such a diverse group of people, yet so similar in ambition, ideals, and dreams.  It's still somewhat terrifying that I have a one way ticket half way around the world, but knowing that I'll be surrounded by 50 other people going through the exact same thing for the next 10 weeks is comforting.  I still can't believe I'm doing this, and I probably won't believe it until I'm actually in Thailand - and even then I still probably won't. Words can't express the crazy emotional roller coaster this has been so far, but I'm happy to be surrounded by 50 other volunteers who feel the same way and who will experience all of this with me. 

America, it's been real.  See you in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment