Friday, April 20, 2012

The beginning.

Two weeks and 1 day since I submitted my Peace Corps application. I'm terrified of being rejected. It's hard to think about what I might do if I'm rejected because this is all I want right now. I know I'm a good candidate and my experience complements everything having to do with the Peace Corps, but I can't stop thinking about every little reason why I might be rejected. I received an e-mail yesterday from my recruiter requesting more information, most of which I had already sent. This is going to be a long process. I knew that going into this, but being at the beginning is a little painful. I've spent hours looking at other people's application timelines and studying the Peace Corps application timeline wikipedia page. I should find out soon if I'm invited to interview, which is a good first step...I just hope I'm invited to interview. I hope I can look back at this a year from now and laugh at my incessant worrying and doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment